Tuesday, February 27, 2018

A Review Of The Past Few Days....

I have some catching up to do.  Thought I would just share some of the posts I have done in this past week....  This will be in reverse order:

Last night (2/26) there was a beautiful sky over Northern Hood Canal.  Aerial photography gives a totally different perspective....



The previous few days were very active.  This was what Sunday looked like.  Rain coming and going and feeding the convergence zone to our south....



Thought I would share the image I just made as my desktop:


This is an aerial video taken just before the graupel storm on Sunday....  



On Sunday there was another disabled ship towed into Seattle.  That makes 2 in 2 weeks.  This one was an engine room explosion off the coast of Oregon.  Nobody was injured, but the ship was disabled.  It was right around sunrise when it came by...


Here is a little more information about this ship and the incident:

On Friday 2/23 my night cam picked up some "light pillars".  This is a vertical rainbow effect caused by light from the ground reflecting through ice crystals....




Later Friday morning a very unusual ship came by.  It came from Shanghai and was transporting new port cranes to Tacoma.  



On Thursday 2/22 I caught this image of the tug Eagle off Double Bluff...






No comments:

Post a Comment