Monday, February 19, 2018

Yesterday and Today... A Lot Happened....

Edit: 2/19/18 - 8:30PM

One more in reverse order....
Mother Nature is putting it out faster than I can keep up with it....  I just found this in my archives from last night....  Wow....  City lights reflecting on the snow on the ground and in the air....  




This post is now in reverse order....  So much happened today, I thought I would just add it to what was already there.....  Late this afternoon we had a nice example of an "Inferior Mirage" over on Bush Point, which is roughly 8 miles away.  It looks like an inverse reflection on the water, but.... Rough water doesn't reflect. Inferior mirages are complicated to explain, but it has to do with the temp difference between the air and the water.... And.... a prism like effect that is actually "bending" the light... or so it seems. I might do a blog on this topic some day....  


The wind died down enough (barely) for me to put my "aerial camera" into the sky.... I still have a lot to learn to dial this in, but the beauty of the Pacific NorthWet made it easy to capture a beautiful, but REALLY cold day...


Then....  For anybody that is interested in "re-living" yesterday....  I put together a panorama time lapse of the day....  



Published This Morning


This morning I looked at my site and the wind chill was 17.9 degrees.  I know it was colder than that earlier in the day....  The "wind chill" / "feels like" temperature is on my site....  See pic below....




One of the benefits of this cold clear weather are the sunsets.  Last night I captured this image:



The winds are supposed to ease by this evening, but it will probably be colder tonight than last night.  Pretty remarkable weather for February....

No comments:

Post a Comment