Friday, March 2, 2018

Transient Orcas?....

Edit: 9:45AM 3/2/18
Some experts are chiming in now.  Theory is leaning toward gray whales, but still no clear identification....
_______________________________________

Yesterday morning when I was doing some aerial photography, I saw something on my tablet that I couldn’t recognize. It actually just looked like pixelation, but it was different. I walked out to the edge of our bank and looked back up the bay and couldn’t see anything. I was looking into the glare from the sun and there was a lot of flotsam in the water. I didn’t think much of it.
When I got back and downloaded the images I was shocked at what I found. This almost looks like it could have been a pod of transient Orcas chasing a seal/seals into shallow water….
Oh…. The woulda, shoulda, coulda’s that I have been feeling since finding this. If only I had it in video mode I could have captured the event….. The Orca theory is just speculation on my part. It seems like the only logical explanation. You can see the images of at least 3 of the large mammals in the water. It would take something the size of an Orca to make waves like this….






No comments:

Post a Comment