Monday, March 19, 2018

Video From Above The Fog and More Evidence Of Seal OVERPopulation....




This morning I found a new use for my drone.  I was getting ready to go fishing and fog started settling in…  I decided to put my drone up to see how bad it was.  Fortunately it was clear directly above me so I could put it up safely.  Fog in action from above is beautiful….  Thought I would share this….  We live in Mother Nature's paradise....



So...  You are probably all wanting to ask how I did fishing.... ;)  
 
Unfortunately, I think I went over my limit.....  Don't tell the game warden....  I caught 3 seals today...  I think the limit is two.....;)  One nailed a small 20" chinook....  The next one nailed about an 8-9lb chinook that I chased for 20 minutes or so....  Finally he held up the fish about 20ft. away like he wanted me to take a picture of his "trophy" catch....  Then, I had another 8-9lb chinook on up close to the boat.  This seal was kind enough to leave me with the head..... At least I can use it for crab bait.... (Picture Below)  

For those that don't know, seals and sea lions follow sport fishing boats and when they are playing a fish, they go after it....  Always been a problem but it has gotten out of hand.....   

The resident Orcas are dying...  Wild salmon populations are becoming extinct....  In fact.... even with the incredible work of many hatcheries, the salmon population is declining.....  Yet.... We continue to protect and feed the predator that is decimating one of the most valuable resources in the Northwest.  It is time to start controlling the population of this out of control predator.....
     
Meanwhile... Here is my catch of the day....




No comments:

Post a Comment