Friday, January 10, 2020

What Are You Doing In Preparation For This Coming Cold Weather?

With this extreme cold weather coming, I have been hoping I haven't missed anything that needs to be winterized.  In the past on Facebook I have started a list of items that need to be winterized in preparation for cold weather and asked folks to contribute their thoughts.  It was a good conversation.  We can all learn from each other.  So I'll start this with a simple list of 10 items....  (I have already done a lot more, but they are specific to my home).  Leave your comments and after my review they will be posted.
  1. Drain all garden hoses
  2. Cover outdoor faucets with insulated covers
  3. Cover crawl space vents
  4. Service and run generator
  5. Fill all extra gas cans
  6. Fuel up cars
  7. Make sure cars are parked where they can get out if the snow piles up
  8. Lift windshield wipers vertical so they don’t freeze to the windshield
  9. Flush boat motors with environmentally safe antifreeze
  10. Lower boat outdrives so they drain 


No comments:

Post a Comment